Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesnt my Iphone wifi work?

When I am at school, I get the schols wifi and when I'm walking home I get the wifi of the neighborhood. As I get closer to my house my wifi pops up but the moment I set itno the house all five of our wifi's are gone and wont come back. So basically I get wifi everywhere but my house. It's just my iphone 4 too! My Mothers ipod and latop, my brothers Iphone and laptop and MY OWN laptop is connected to the wifi. It always worked until now! Also my phone as recently suffered from water damage a few weeks back but the wifi still worked after that, it's just been recently! Sorry for all the typing but Im hoping someone could helo me please!!!!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 7:20 PM

Sounds like you need to contact your Internet Service Provider. If your phone will connect to every network but your own, then it's probably your network.

Also, is your internet password protected?

11 replies

Sep 3, 2013 8:00 PM in response to AAN2

Yes, it is password protected and when it shows up when I'm outside i'd put the password in and i'd walk into the hosue and it'll just disappear. No where to be found. it's strange how I can get it outside but not inside. It's like the closer I get to the router the lesser the signal becomes. Strange. Do you think it could be a hardware failure of some sort?

Sep 3, 2013 8:08 PM in response to dlanibarnhill

its not hardware issue its possibleyour network name is common like dlink404 try resetting your network settings on the iphone by goping to settings >general >reset >reset netowrk settings . if that didnt work try changing the netork name to unique one like "hill family" , that will improve your connectivity , you might have to contact the manufacturer of your router to perform factory reset on the router and set a new network name ,

Why doesnt my Iphone wifi work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.