Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes restore deleted icloud restore

Hi,

I'm facing a bit of a problem here.

I had two separate backups, each containing different data, one using itunes and one using icloud.

Once I had my new iphone I restored using icloud first, faced no problem there. I then restored using itunes, you know to get the other data. this deleted the data from the first icloud restore.

I beleive I did this they wrong way, any way I can fix it?

Any way I can get the data from the icloud back again?

help would be very much appreciated!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 6:56 PM

10 replies

Sep 3, 2013 7:03 PM in response to Shay36

If you have 2 different backups with different data (iCloud and iTunes) and the restore will replaces one the other. You cannot consolidate 2 different backups.

Restore from the latest backup either iCloud or iTunes again.

Next time do backups on both (iCloud and iTunes) so that the data is the same.

Sep 3, 2013 7:12 PM in response to ckuan

ckuan wrote:

Next time do backups on both (iCloud and iTunes) so that the data is the same.

Or not ... sometimes it is preferable to have a different backup in case something goes awry. I do my daily backups through iTunes, but once a month (or more frequently) I will do an iCloud backup which can not only serve to rescue me if I need to restore while away from home, it can also get me back to a known state in case a corrupted state gets into my daily backup.

Sep 3, 2013 7:20 PM in response to Shay36

Shay36 wrote:

well is there a way I can restore one more time using iclouds now?

Yes. First make sure you have a solid Wi-Fi connection, then go to Settings/ General/ Reset/ Erase All Content and Settings. Your iPhone will be erased and will prompt you through the setup, which will allow you to use your iCloud backup just like you did the first time.

Sep 3, 2013 7:20 PM in response to rockmyplimsoul

this is the thing, I only did the second back up (icloud) because i was away and I had to exchange my phone. icloud backed up new data that the itunes backup I did before traveling did not cover.

I couldn't back up everything though (limited storage) so I only backed up the photos, and thought I'd somehow be able to get the rest of my data once I was home using itunes.

Sep 3, 2013 7:25 PM in response to rockmyplimsoul

okay I understand what you're saying.

but then as I mentioned above I'd also need the other data from itunes.

are you too positive I cant have two restores?

I mean is there a way I can do a seperate backup using itunes of the icloud data I wil restore as per your suggestion, so that I have two backups on itunes then, and somehow restore both?

itunes restore deleted icloud restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.