Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover photos that have disappeared in iPhoto?

I imported pictures and 2 videos from a camera card into my iPhoto. Everything seemed as per usual. I watched the videos. I edited some of the pictures. Then I was moving pictures from my Photo Stream into Events, when all of a sudden iPhoto just crashed. When I reopened it, all the pictures from the camera card were gone! The folder was still there, but it was empty. (I had already removed the camera card from my laptop before this happened. Unfortunately, I had erased the camera card before I removed it, so no help there.) I'm so upset! These were pictures of my little grandson, and some pix my husband took while we were in France this summer. A total of about 142 pix just disappeared! Does anyone know if I can find them?

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), Mac OS X (10.7.4), Canon PIXMA MX870 printer

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 6:18 PM

Programs like Media Recovermay be able to find them on your media card

rebuilding your library database may halp - Back up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - rebuild your iPhoto database

a best practice to is to never have any computer program (including iPhoto) delete the photos from the card but to import the photos and keep them and then after at least one successful backup cycle has completed and then reformat the card -- I use three very large (32 GB) cards in rotation so I do not reformat for typically a year or more giving me one more long term backup of my photos

LN

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2013 6:18 PM in response to kshossin

Programs like Media Recovermay be able to find them on your media card

rebuilding your library database may halp - Back up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - rebuild your iPhoto database

a best practice to is to never have any computer program (including iPhoto) delete the photos from the card but to import the photos and keep them and then after at least one successful backup cycle has completed and then reformat the card -- I use three very large (32 GB) cards in rotation so I do not reformat for typically a year or more giving me one more long term backup of my photos

LN

How do I recover photos that have disappeared in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.