Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPod stopped charging

I have an IPod 5, i ordered it off of Amazon. Recently we have had two lightning storms that have knocked out the power in my house. My Ipod was not plugged in, i dont believe, at the time but my Ipod cable charger was. After the storm my ipod stopped charging. I could only charge it in certain positions and after a couple of days my charger just wouldnt work. What is the cause of this? Do i need to replace my IPod or just get a new charger? I see nothing wrong in the IPod itself so im guessing its the charger? Also, i cant try out a different charger because i do not have another one. Also when I go to plug it into the computer it shows an error and says something about exceeding the power supply limit ?? Thank you for answering!

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 6:59 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2013 5:48 AM in response to paigemcr

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

- Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use. Also the error message you received higly suggests a bad cable.

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Oct 20, 2013 8:09 AM in response to paigemcr

I have had problems with my iPod touch 5 g too I have had it ever seens it came out and it always work fine intill the new update came out 1st it was wifi wouldn't work then I updated it to iOS 6.3 or what ever it was then iOS 7 came out and I didn't updAte it right away and then my ipod wouldn't charge at all and I tryed like 6 other chargers and it wouldn't change then I updated just to see it that would do anything and it did it charges fine now and I'm no the only 1 that these thing have been happening to samething happen to my brother and sister they both got a ipod when I did and 3 of my friends that got the ipod around the same time i did the samething happened to all of them I think Apple is making us update or the 6 of us got messed up iPods just try updating it if your not on iOS 7

My IPod stopped charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.