Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on External Drive - Possible to have smart playlists sync automatically to internal storage?

Hey guys,

As the title says, I've got my entire iTunes library stored on a desktop external hard drive. Of course, when I need to take my computer anywhere, it's got no music on it.

I have the majority of my iTunes library rated, and have a bunch of smart playlists set up.

Is there any way I could set up a smart playlist and have that playlist be stored (and referenced, I don't want to have to hunt the folder down every time I launch iTunes) on my internal hard drive? Maybe with automator?

It's also important to me that all my metadata (play/skip counts and dates) remains untouched, otherwise I loose all my smart playlists.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 10:57 PM

4 replies

iTunes on External Drive - Possible to have smart playlists sync automatically to internal storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.