Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 09 only half opens

It's been a while since I've used this program. I'm using 10.8.4 OS X and 4.3 version for Pages.

When I click on the Pages icon to open the program the menu at the top of the screen loads but that is it.

If I manually click on "File > New from template chooser" nothing but a black screen appears.

How can I fix this? I heard that there is a file that I can trash, and then it will make a new one the next time I open it, but what file?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion, (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 8:56 PM

20 replies

Sep 3, 2013 11:08 PM in response to MyApple8MyPC

You're thinking of the .plist file, the usual suspect whien an application that has been working quits working.

Quit Pages.

In the Finder:

Go menu, press and hold the option key as you choose Library.

This puts you in your User Library.

From here, locate and open Preferences,

then locate the file com.apple.iwork.pages.plist and drag it to the trash.

Relaunch Pages.

Regards,

Barry

Sep 4, 2013 9:34 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thanks Jerry. Tried all of that. No joy.

I also tried reinstalling iWork. Other than now having the icons in my dock there are no changes.

Problem seems to be with the template chooser. Is it possible that it's not in the right location?

I never moved it manually but maybe when I installed 10.8 something happened.

Yesterday the template chooser opened - once - but it was just a blank black page. Now it won't even open that, it just opens my document folder.

Sep 6, 2013 1:48 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Well here's the thing, I can't delete the old copy. I can only install the program again because I can't find the install key anywhere. All I have is the install disc, no box.

I was going to contact Apple and ask them for a new code by giving them ny old key listed in 'About Pages" but the link says the registration department is closed. I think the program is going to ask me for that information as soon as I try to do a fresh install. On Apples website it says "Most Apple products can be registered when you turn them on for the first time and begin the setup process".

Pages 09 only half opens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.