Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB_3 and thunderbolt port interfering?

hi yesterday i posted about how laggy my USB mouse is when I plug my External display..

I been Messing around today, I figured that my USB mouse works perfectly when there is no external display, on both USB ports(Mac book Air 2012), However when i plug in the Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter and plug it into my screen, and plug my USB mouse to the USB port next to the thunderbolt port, it has absolutely terrible lag from about 1meter away, if i place the mouse right next to the USB recevier it works fine, soon as i take it away about 1.5 to 2meters its terrible, this is my normal operating range from where my laptop is.

the other USB port on the other side of the computer works fine

All this happens when i Plug in an external display to the laptop through the thunderbolt, terrible USB mouse lag(only on USB port next to the thunderbolt Port)

can the thunderbolt somehow interfere with the USB mouse frequency? (I Use the moshi thuderbolt to HDMI adapter)

logitec M235 Mouse, tried different mouse same result.

can someone please confirm if they are having similar issues? when plugged into an external monitor.

Thanks.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 2:16 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2013 2:28 AM in response to casio1

1.5 - 2 meters is between 55 inches to 80 inches. That is a LONG way away to be using a mouse on a notebook computer.

I suggest you get a Wired USB mouse and a USB extension cable.

Sure something plugged into a port right next to a USB receiver willl affect how that receiver picks up the signal from the other end.

So move closer to your computer.

USB_3 and thunderbolt port interfering?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.