Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

styles

I'm genuinely confused as to why a save a paragraph style in pages '09 it subsequently deletes itself after I quit and reopen the program. Seems like a totally useless feature if I have to create a new style every time I open the program.

Pages-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 3:46 AM

The style is on working for that particular document.

If you create a Style you want in oncoming documents yo can save the document as a Template with that particular style.

3 replies

Sep 4, 2013 3:55 AM in response to fruhulda

I've been tinkering for the last half hour or so and have not only figured out how to solve my provlem but also realised that I initilly phrased my problem incorrectly. It's actually the list style that I wanted to save and I was constantly saving list formats as paragraph styles. I realised that I (and this is the reall unintuitive part) had to hold the button with a plus and a little downwards facing arrow on it at the bottom of the styles drawer to reveal a menu of different styles to create; paragraph styles, character styles and list styles. I realised that to save the list format that I specifically wanted in all of my documents, I had to create a new ilst style rather than a pargraph style. Thank you anyway for your help!

styles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.