Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp wont work on 2011 MacBook Pro

I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro 15".

I used to have windows 7 running via bootcamp when I first got the machine.

About 18 months ago I replaced my primary disk drive with a Solid State drive so I installed a fresh version of Mac OS X Mountain Lion and then tried to install Windows 7 via bootcamp. The drivers all download fine but when the installation begins the first reboot displays a flashing white line and nothing else.

Anyone know why this is? Does Bootcamp not like Solid State?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 5:49 AM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2013 9:14 PM in response to neilmjones

Hi Niel,

I’ve run into boot camp impacts at the same point. To jump to the point, it was due to the OS/X system preferences boot drive not being set to OS/X before running the boot camp utility - creates the bootcamp partition.

When I set OS/X to be the selected boot device first and repeated the bootcamp process, bootcamp was successfully able to turn the boot bits FROM OSX to Bootcamp.

The boot camp utility fails when it has no target to move from. It fails silently, no error alert, no log message, no joy. It’s simple as a missed requirement in the bootcamp utility that it set or validate OS/X is set to boot before it try’s to change it. (and fails)

Also be sure to select the EFI windows boot over the non EFI option.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

Bootcamp wont work on 2011 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.