Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook Imports to Apple Mail

I consider this may not be the first time this forum site has received this query.

I am stuck in migrating the mail from Outlook 2011 to Apple Mail.

It seems that Apple mail does not have import function for Outlook 2011.

The import menu does not show outlook 2011 in options.

On the other hand while trying to migrate through in-direct methods I landed my mails to be blank and sometimes containing garbage material.

So how this situation can be handles and solves completely without any problems.?

Thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 5:59 AM

7 replies

Sep 4, 2013 9:14 AM in response to Matt7423

Matt7423 wrote:

I consider this may not be the first time this forum site has received this query.

I am stuck in migrating the mail from Outlook 2011 to Apple Mail.

It seems that Apple mail does not have import function for Outlook 2011.

The import menu does not show outlook 2011 in options.

It also appears that Outlook does not bother with any export functions for Mail at all, just proprietary Microsoft formats.

Buy an app from the app store that will do it for you, OLM converter is one but there are many.

Sep 5, 2013 1:16 PM in response to Matt7423

You can use an intermediary IMAP server, or simply create corresponding folders in Finder and drag and drop the messages from within Outlook to that folder. Then you can import to Mail from those folders/files.

Or you can simply look for third party tools for better and fast results, here is one recommended by apple store: Om to Mbox

Some similar threads having the same query, have a look:-

http://macosx.com/forums/mac-os-x-system-mac-software/322216-how-import-mailboxe s.html#post1527306

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macoutlook/switch-ove r-to-apple-mail/1e2b6285-b1ff-4702-87a1-3c9ee3629737

Hope this helps.

Outlook Imports to Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.