Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i sold my ipod touch. but the buyer wants to return it. she said it has defects i beleive didnt exist. how can i be sure if the ipod touch shes going to return is the one i sold to her?

i sold my ipod touch. but the buyer wants to return it. she said it has defects i beleive didnt exist. how can i be sure if the ipod touch shes going to return is the one i sold to her?

iPod touch

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 7:41 AM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2013 8:23 AM in response to mitzg

iPod has its Serial Number each. You can identify your iPod or not by Serial Number.

If you used your Apple ID to register or purchase your iPod, you may find the serial number listed in My Support Profile (available in the United States and Canada). Log in with your Apple ID and find your iPod in the "My Products" box on the main page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1459

Sep 4, 2013 9:05 AM in response to mitzg

mitzg wrote:

... how can i be sure if the ipod touch shes going to return is the one i sold to her?

If you did not retain a record of its serial number prior to selling it, you can compare its serial number to the one stored in its last iTunes backup:

Open iTunes on the computer you used to sync the iPod and select Preferences… from the iTunes menu. (In Windows, choose Edit > Preferences.)

Select the Devices pane. Position the cursor over any of its backups. The iPod's serial number will appear in a popup window.

iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

Scroll down to:

Additional Information >

Getting the information from your computer >

If you have access to your computer, but not your device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.