Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

access mobileme account + emails on my mac/me accounts.

I am unable to access either my mobileme account - via the system preferences or mail nor can I send or receive emails via .mac or .me email accounts. Something happened to my password and unfortunately I cannot retrieve through keychain - the password stored there is not working. I am seriously concerned re the security of my account. Cannot stress how much time I have wasted trying to get help from Apple!

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 7:05 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2013 7:56 AM in response to Maxine

MobileMe closed over a year ago, after numerous warning emails and online notices. Did you migrate your MobileMe account to iCloud before the end of August last year? If you did not, you can probably still use your address (which is an Apple ID) to open an iCloud account (Lion, Mountain Lion or iOS 5/6 required) but your emails previously stored on MobileMe have long since been deleted and are not recoverable by any means.

If you did migrate to iCloud your first step would be to go to System Preferences (or Settings)>iCloud and sign out, then sign back in again, chacking Mail in the checklist there.

If that doesn't work, go to http://appleid.apple.com , sign in anc change your password. You will then need to sign out of iCloud again and sign back in with the new password.

access mobileme account + emails on my mac/me accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.