Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro asks for wireless password after waking or restarting

I manage a school network of 250 laptops and im having a problem with about 90% of the laptops. When the laptop is closed or restarted it always asks the students to type in the wireless password.

I have checked keychain and the wireless password is saved there.

I have tried erasing the keychain entry and recreating it. That didnt work.

I have tried erasing the System Configuration folder and recreating it. That didnt work.

I put parental controls on the student accounts originally but because it was causing a lot of strange issues like iDVD not working and constant errors from google updaters, i turned off parental controls. I was thinking maybe that had something to do with it.

Any suggestions on how to make the laptops stop asking for wireless passwords?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 9:19 AM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2013 5:30 AM in response to LCAtech

Ive tried repairing the keychain, resetting the keychain, deleteing the keychain and none of them have worked.

I really think turning on parental controls and then taking them off is the issue.

I have completely recreated profiles and it still happens, so im led to beleive its at a system level not a user level.

Does anyone know where i can find the file com.apple.network.wlan.ssid?

Any other ideas?

Macbook Pro asks for wireless password after waking or restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.