3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2013 10:39 PM by rajpriya
yeen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I broke my ipad2 screen and needed a new one. So I did a backup of ipad2 to my computer (Mac 10.8.4).  I then erased all the information on my old ipad2.

I did a full recover from my computer when I got my new ipad2.  But, many items in ibooks disappeared.  Things I saved as pdf from other sources like documents, articles off the internet or sent to me from other sources.  Did I do a proper backup to iTunes?  Or did I screw something up and now all the items I lost.  There are some items in iTunes but not everything that was on my ipad2 before I backuped and total erasure.  HELP!!!

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.3.9)
  • yodathejedi Level 3 Level 3 (615 points)

it might be too late. did you happen to sync the saved PDFs to your computer first?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4227

If not, i dont think this is stored in a itunes backup.

• yeen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I don't know the difference between syncing and backing up.

I backed up the whole ipad but I didn't intentionally sync.  I have checked the option to sync the ipad over wifi and I manually manage videos and music.  I noticed when after my backup restored, my music was all gone on my ipad which is no big deal because I have all the music in my library.  However, I had pdfs, etc on my ipad that were not in itunes or on my computer but I assumed everything in ibooks on my ipad2 was saved or backed up when I did a back up.  I'm confused as to the difference between syncing and backing up.

• rajpriya Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yeen, i have a similar problem. Can't see any pdfs in ipad after restore. Did you find any solution or support from Apple. Thanks