How much free space is there on the Main Hard Disks ?
• Exactly the same ?
• one is 5Gb or less the other 100Gb or more
I never go less than 25Gb for work with interlaced SD-Video Quality
think that about 4-5 times more will work OK for full quality HD progressive - may be ?
What Processes are running in back ground ?
• Time Machine
• File Vault
NON on my Video Mac
else things that matters reg. speed and performance (for iMovie/iDVD - but are really general)
TO GET IT TO WORK SLIGHTLY FASTER
• Minimum of 25Gb free space on Start-Up hard disk
• No other programs running in BackGround e.g. Energy-Saver
• Don’t let HD spin down or be turned off (in Energy-Save)
• Move external/secondary hard disks that are not to be used to Trash - To be disconnected/turned off
• Goto Spotlight and set the rest of them under Integrity (not to be scanned)
• Set screen-saver to a folder without any photo - then make an active corner (up right for me) and set
pointer to this - turns on screen saver - to show that it has nothing to show
• No File Vault on - Important
• NO - TimeMachine - during iMovie/iDVD work either ! IMPORTANT
• Lot's of icons on DeskTop/Finder also slows down the Mac noticeably
• Start a new User-Account and log into this and iMovie get's faster too - if a project is in a hurry
• And let Mac run on Mains - not just on battery
Yours Bengt W