Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recently downloaded an album, but some songs don't play entirely and jumps to next song. How can I correct this?

downloaded album from iTunes, several songs won't play entirely,will skip to next song. How can I correct this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 12:16 PM

6 replies

Sep 6, 2013 12:41 PM in response to coweye

Hey coweye,

That definitely sounds frustrating. If the songs are not playing fully in iTunes, they may have not downloaded completely. See the following article:

Songs in iTunes may not play back completely

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4357

Symptoms

Occasionally, if a song purchased from the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC was not downloaded completely, the song may not play back fully. The song may abruptly stop during playback, and iTunes may start playing the next song in your library or playlist.

Resolution

If iTunes in the Cloud is available in your country, try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Delete the purchased song that is exhibiting the problem from your iTunes library.

2. Click on the Purchased link in the iTunes Store to view your previously purchased music.

3. Download your previously purchased song from this list.

Note: iTunes in the Cloud, which allows you to download previously purchased songs from the iTunes Store, is not available in every country. Learn if iTunes in the Cloud is offered in your country

Thanks,

Matt M.

Apr 30, 2016 2:10 PM in response to matt00

Hi.

I notice this answer was posted like 3yrs ago.. But I have the same issue today, all my songs are not from iTunes store, they've been downloaded long ago. The thing is if I move the curser past the point where it usually skips like 2min something, it plays normally.. so in saying so the audio file is not corrupted. Why does this happen? should I delete the songs and re Add to library? Please help.

Cheers.

recently downloaded an album, but some songs don't play entirely and jumps to next song. How can I correct this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.