Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook Air 2013, i5, 8gb ram reaches 70-75 degrees celcius when watching netflix...

I have a 2013 Macbook air, (i5 processor, 8gb ram 128gb ssd). when i watch Netflix movies the processor temperature increases to 70-75 degrees!! Is this normal... as soon as i pause the movie the temp plummets down to 50/60 degrss celcius... HELP!/Any ideas?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 8gb Ram, 128GB SSD

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 3:53 PM

That is normal.

CPU/GPU intensive activities like playing games and streaming videos will generate heat

and fans will run at an higher rpm.

No need to worry.

7 replies

Sep 4, 2013 4:44 PM in response to Jamalarr94

You may find that different Netflix movies may be more or less demanding of system resources, meaning one movie may cause it to become warmer than another. This may be due to the resolution of the movie, or the encoding being used, your network conditions, or all three.

The i5 may become warmer than the i7 and the 11" model may become warmer than the 13", or not.

In any event 70° to 75° is nothing to be concerned about.

My macbook Air 2013, i5, 8gb ram reaches 70-75 degrees celcius when watching netflix...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.