Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have an explanation?

My iPhone 3GS WILL NOT allow me to receive or send text messages. It will not let me set a wallpaper for my home screen or lock screen. When I make or receive a call it does not pop up in my call log. When I miss a call I do not know unless they leave a voicemail. It will not allow me to open any apps at all. I do not understand what's going on. My grandmother suggested its a virus but I read apple products cannot get a virus. Can SOMEONE please explain to me what's going on.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 7:27 PM

3 replies

Sep 5, 2013 7:38 AM in response to Key2050

Standard troubleshooting...

1. Try a Restart by pressing the sleep/lock button until you see the slider. Slide to power off. Restart by pressing the sleep/lock button until you see the Apple logo.

2. Try a Reset by pressing the home and sleep buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider if, it comes up. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding and you won't lose any data or settings.

3. Remove all apps from Recently Used list...

- From any Home Screen, double tap the home button to bring up the Recents List

- Tap and hold any icon in this list until they wiggle

- Press the red (-) to delete all apps from this list.

- Press the home button twice when done.

4. If still a problem restore with your backup.

5. If still a problem restore as new, i.e. without your backup. See how it runs with nothing synced to it.

6. If still a problem, it's likely a hardware issue.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.