Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find "library" in my user account?

I was going to trash a preferences file (.plist) from one of my applications and I can't find the "library" folder in my home account. I see the root level "libary" folder but I always thought there was one also in my user or home account. I'm not new to apple os, but am relatively new to mountain lion. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Bob

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 6:06 PM

That folder's invisible by default. For one-time access, choose Go to Folder from the Finder's Go menu and provide ~/Library/ as the path, or press the Option key with the Go menu open and choose Library.

For lasting access, open the AppleScript Editor in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder and run:

do shell script "chflags nohidden ~/Library/"

(88408)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2013 6:06 PM in response to Robert Wilkins2

That folder's invisible by default. For one-time access, choose Go to Folder from the Finder's Go menu and provide ~/Library/ as the path, or press the Option key with the Go menu open and choose Library.

For lasting access, open the AppleScript Editor in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder and run:

do shell script "chflags nohidden ~/Library/"

(88408)

Can't find "library" in my user account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.