Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error "py2app stub executable has encountered a fatal error, and will now terminate." What does that mean? But more importantly, how can I fix it?

got this weird error today when i tried to open a word or pages document.

py2app stubb executable has encountered a fatal error, and will now terminate. The Info.plist file must have a PyRuntimeLocations array containing string values for preferred Python runtime locations. These strings should be "otool - L" style mach ids; "@executable_stub" and "~" prefixes will be translated accordingly.

2 choices: 1) Open Console or 2) Terminate.

What do I do? I open most of my apps now. :-(

Can anyone out there PLEASE HELP?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 8:15 PM

8 replies

Sep 27, 2013 9:22 PM in response to Linc Davis

I've also been getting the py2app stub executable error, but do not have Google Drive installed. One thing I have noticed is that this error apparently causes my internet ping times to drastically increase. Booting into safe mode brings the ping times back to normal. From what I can tell, the py2app has something to do with Python. (I have no idea what that is).

Feb 13, 2014 11:43 AM in response to flyer9

Flyer9,

I had the same issue and no Google Drive. (Although in my case I knew it was because I force quit my machine while installing the Drobo Dashboard). Nevertheless, if you open Console.app (I use spotlight), then I used the search by on the top right and type in "info.plist" (or any other string in the error, I tried a few) and see if you can find the error you got but this time inside the Console.app window.

For me I found the cause was Dropbox because the result in the search window was Dropbox: blah blah <error code matching the one I got>.

I then went into Applications --> Dropbox and deleted it. Reboot, download a fresh copy at dropbox.com.

Hope this helps.

Oct 9, 2015 12:37 AM in response to schtazzi

Hello!

I was facedwith this problem. Solutionsyou won't findnobody knowswhat to do!

I know. I foundeasy solution)))

Let's go to the official website of the programPycharm : http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/ anddownloadthe freeversion ofPycharmCommunity Edition. Installit on your computer.Then restart the computer.And thenwith good programuninstallerremoveit. I use Clean My Mac 3 uninstaller. The error will disappear. Restart the computerand workwithout problems))))

Error "py2app stub executable has encountered a fatal error, and will now terminate." What does that mean? But more importantly, how can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.