Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Qt 7.6.6 resize hold down shift key

I realise this may seem a very minuscule issue, but was wondering if there was something very simple I was overlooking here...

When using Qt 7.6.6 on Mountain Lion (10.8.4) and you try to stretch the movie in any direction, holding down the Shift key when you drag it doesn't work?

The movie still preserves its aspect ratio as you drag!!(Although strangely, the movie will stretch if you drag...release shift...keep dragging...press shift) This use to work seamlessly on previous versions of Qt and past operating systems but not now?

Anyone else experiencing this or is there a preference setting I'm missing somewhere?

(Or have I become a complete lunatic with all this stretching, dragging and shifting? Polite answers only please!)

Many thanks

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 5:49 AM

When using Qt 7.6.6 on Mountain Lion (10.8.4) and you try to stretch the movie in any direction, holding down the Shift key when you drag it doesn't work?

The movie still preserves its aspect ratio as you drag!!(Although strangely, the movie will stretch if you drag...release shift...keep dragging...press shift) This use to work seamlessly on previous versions of Qt and past operating systems but not now?

Anyone else experiencing this or is there a preference setting I'm missing somewhere?

Correct. Everyone should be experiencing this. This is the way the app currently works under Mountain Lion. You can, of course, use the QT 7 Pro "Properties" window controls to turn off the "Preserve Aspect Ratio" option and manually enter whatever dimensions/aspect ratio you desire for QT 7 player playback. These settings can still be saved to the file but only effect playback in QT 7 based apps since QT X based apps ignore these settings and instead rely on the encoded height and PAR value for display at the proper aspect ratio.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2013 5:49 AM in response to SlowTimeKirk

Correct. Everyone should be experiencing this. This is the way the app currently works under Mountain Lion. You can, of course, use the QT 7 Pro "Properties" window controls to turn off the "Preserve Aspect Ratio" option and manually enter whatever dimensions/aspect ratio you desire for QT 7 player playback. These settings can still be saved to the file but only effect playback in QT 7 based apps since QT X based apps ignore these settings and instead rely on the encoded height and PAR value for display at the proper aspect ratio.

User uploaded file

Qt 7.6.6 resize hold down shift key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.