Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to upgrade iPhoto to use photostream?

Being a bit lazy (and poor) I don't constantly upgrade my software. I upgraded my iMac OS either last year or late 2011 and it is now operating on OSX10.8.4. It is running iPhoto 8.1.2. I bought an iPad later on that year and it looks as if I have to upgrade the iPhoto software on my Mac if I want it to be compatible with Photostream. I would have thought, having essentially purchased iPhoto along with my operating system and given that iPads were selling like hot cakes at the time, that I would get my iPhoto software updated as well. Oh well, looks like I'm wrong and I have to fork out another £11 to get it all working together. Is this correct?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 3:12 AM

5 replies

Sep 5, 2013 3:16 AM in response to Sweetsweep

You have iPhoto '09, and Photo Stream requires iPhoto '11, so you have to upgrade. Purchase iPhoto in the Mac App Store and then, open System Preferences > iCloud, and mark Photo Stream.

Finally, open iPhoto, and after upgrading the library, select Photo Stream in the sidebar and enable it. You can use Photo Stream. Make a backup of the iPhoto library before upgrading the application, or at least a copy of the library on a different folder

Do I have to upgrade iPhoto to use photostream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.