Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i find out which apple ID was used to download an app (Whats up)

Hello

I have previously (when first bought the phone and experimenting) bought the Whats up app. Now i am trying to update it with my current Apple ID but i get an error message saying that some other user ID was used to install this app. I can't even remember. Maybe my wife installed it.

So my question is: Can i somehow see which Apple ID was used to download this app ? because in that case it might ring a bell and be able to update.

I really want to avoid deleting it and resetting it at the moment.

thank guys

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 2:54 AM

13 replies

Mar 29, 2017 7:28 PM in response to comodotomi

My Case ID ***********, I chatted with a nice guy named Arthur, he said he would merge my old account with my new one because I'd changed my ID and Password because i thought it was compromised, he helped me fix all my strange problems I was having, but after that when I've tryed to update my apps its saying it can't because I got those apps under a different ID and Password, I have an Iphone5, what do I need to do to correct this issue?

<Personal Information Removed by Host>

Sep 7, 2013 11:55 PM in response to norm123

Hi there mate.

I tried this solution but the problem is when i log into itunes in order to see my purchases i have to use my apple ID and password. So i can only see the apps that i have bought using this ID.

My problem though is that i have an app (whatsup) on my phone which has been downloaded with a different ID. That is the ID i am trying to find out which one is.

Dec 30, 2013 5:20 PM in response to acesinica

This is the problem with Apple.

Seeing what Apple ID was used to download an app on a device is a very reasonable request. I would say its a required piece of information since they require it for so many things.

Yet, when an issue like this comes up, you people post help like "have you tried you wife's Apple ID?" Do you really think that's helpful? Comidotomi just said he didn't want to do that! Stop wasting people's time.

Jun 3, 2015 5:54 PM in response to UserNameUser

UserNameUser wrote:

rockmyplimsoul - unfortunately the "Get Info" menu item is greyed out in iTunes. In my iTunes your suggestion works for music but not for apps. Were you able to successfully do this for apps on your iTunes?

It most certainly works for Apps. As long as the App has been downloaded to your iTunes library, you can go to Get Info and see the email account used to purchase the App (see the File tab). If Get Info is greyed out, then maybe you have a permissions problem on your computer, or the App has not been downloaded to the computer and what you're seeing is the cloud version (purchased, but not downloaded to this particular computer).

How can i find out which apple ID was used to download an app (Whats up)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.