Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant get my Apple Mail

I have been having problems for the last two weeks on getting Mail. My son in law, the computer guru has had me change my settings to match what SHOULD work (and what did work prior to the last Apple upgrade), and I still can't receive my Mail. I cannot imagine what is going on but it is serverly affecting my business and personal contacts. I get the triangle indicating I can't get online with my Mail account. Without disclosing my identifiying information, I have tried the following settings:

I am using Jerry Magnus as my "screen name" to keep confidentiality.

Incoming mail user name: Jerry+magnus.com

incoming mail server: mail.magnus.com

Incoming mail server: (SSL) box610.bluehost.com (sever requires authentication which I already have done)

outing mail server: mail.magnus.com, port 26

outoing mail sever: (SSL)box 610.bluehost.com, port 465 (server requires authentication, which I already have done)

Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3,POP35(SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)

Supported Outong Mail Protocols: STMP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

At present I can mail out using AOL, and receive AOL messages, but this is not a good idea.

Note: According to what I can see I am only using 145 megabytes in my system (referring to what is in my mailboxes), whereas my online capacity has been increased to 350 MB.

Is anyone out there having problems with their incoming Mail Messages? Again, everything worked up to two weeks ago...but not now.

I may have to bring my computer into APPLE to have it fixed...since that requires a very long trip, I'd like to have this solved on line if possible. PLEASE RESPOND HERE...I still get Apple notifications.

HELP!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 4:21 AM

7 replies

Jan 4, 2014 4:05 PM in response to First_step

Did you ever solve your problem?

I just transfered my web hosting and e-mail to bluehost. I had some of the same problems you are having. I noticed you have your incoming server set to bluehost.

Incoming mail server: (SSL) box610.bluehost.com (sever requires authentication which I already have done)

If bluehost is your server this is what worked for me:

Account Information

Account type— POP

Description—anything you want

Email Address—in your case would be Jerry@magnus.com

Full name— first and last name

Incoming server—mail.magnus.com

User name—Jerry@magnus.com Notice it is the @ symbol not a +

password— your password . Remember they are case sensitive

Outgoing Mail server—select edit smpt server list from the drop down window

select the + to add a server

Account Information

Description—may be left blank

Server name—mail.magnus.com

TSL Certificate—None

Advanced

Use default ports

Check Use SSL

Authenticate—password

Username—Jerry@magnus.com

passowrd—your password

Click ok

In the accounts window

Outgoing SMTP— select the server you just created.

Check—use only this server

Select the Advance tab next to the Mailbox Behaviors

Check use SSL— it will be port 995

Authenticate —use password

Ann

cant get my Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.