Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

re-installing iMovie

Hi Everyone,

I bought my iMovie off the apple store afew months ago, and with it have created afew decent movies.

But just yesterday, I had simply dragged a photograph into my filmstrip, for the program to stall. iMovie became unresponsive and then view became all grey. My usual quick-fix is simply restart my laptop and pray that autosave had saved in time. But now it doesn’t allow me to edit any of my projects.

The viewer seems to play whatever is in the event section, but refuses to play anything in my filmstrip. The sound works fine.

So I googled my problem, deleted 2 files from preferences, but the same issue remains.

Next I deleted iMovie, and I am trying to re-install it. It has almost been 24 hours, and it has not installed. The download blue bar hasn’t moved from the half way mark for sometime. I have tried re-installing 3 times now.

What could be the problem, and why is it taking so long?

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 8:29 AM

1 reply

re-installing iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.