Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it (and how is it possible) that you guys don't have any retractable magsafe power cords (or at least an accessory that would turn normal magsafe chargers into a retractable unit)? (Or do you?)

Way, way back it was cool that you could wrap the smaller cord around those retractable clips. However, even that has grown annoying.

For those of us who use the longer attachment (for which there isn't even a wrapping solution) dealing with the cords is time consuming (and basically impossible to do in such a way that it can withstand any real traveling).

At least one of the reasons there is no retractable cord option is that other companies can't design one themselves without violating your intellectual property rights. That said, Apple should really be the ones to tackle this particular cord-annoyance (all the groundwork for the design has already been done for you guys--all you'd have to do is tweak it to fit the specifics of your magsafe cords, and *voila*, fantastically manageable, clean, well-designed, and highly portable power cord for us all.

Suddenly: champagne would fall from the heavens, doors would open, velvet ropes would part, world peace, end to hunger....you get the idea.

It seems like this is the only place to give suggestions for things such as this...am I missing something?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 9:45 AM

2 replies

Sep 5, 2013 11:02 AM in response to Jesse Ramsey Howalt

Welcome Jessie!

Here's how to get your comment to someone working in Apple product development:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookpro.html

That said, Apple shipped retractable cord chargers in the early PowerBook days. From talking to people who owned them, I get the impression that the constant in/out action caused many to fail prematurely. I suspect Apple abandoned them for a reason.

Why is it (and how is it possible) that you guys don't have any retractable magsafe power cords (or at least an accessory that would turn normal magsafe chargers into a retractable unit)? (Or do you?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.