Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Enterprise app to devices with unregistered UUIDs

I created a universal app. I'm trying to distribute the app using our Enterprise Developer License.

The problem is this:

• If I install the app on a device that has the UUID registered, the app installs fine.
  • If I "TRY" to install the app on a device that DOES NOT have the UUID registered, the install fails to complete.

I get the message "Unable to Download Application " "My App" could not be installed at this time.

Here is the log I'm getting:

Sep 5 10:47:07 my-iPad installd[54] <Error>: 0x2c3000 handle_install: Install of "/var/mobile/Media/PublicStaging/My App.app" requested by mobile_installation_proxy

Sep 5 10:47:08 my-iPad installd[54] <Error>: 0x2c3000 MobileInstallationInstall_Server: Installing app com.mysite.My-App

Sep 5 10:47:08 my-iPad installd[54] <Error>: profile not valid: 0xe8008012

Sep 5 10:47:08 my-iPad installd[54] <Error>: 0x2c3000 install_embedded_profile: Could not install embedded profile: 0xe8008012

Sep 5 10:47:08 my-iPad installd[54] <Error>: Sep 5 10:47:08 SecTrustEvaluate [leaf CriticalExtensions IssuerCommonName]

Sep 5 10:47:09 my-iPad installd[54] <Error>: 0x2c3000 verify_signer_identity: MISValidateSignatureAndCopyInfo failed for /var/tmp/install_staging.xjOLHU/My Appp.app/My App: 0xe8008015

Sep 5 10:47:09 my-iPad installd[54] <Error>: 0x2c3000 do_preflight_verification: Could not verify executable at /var/tmp/install_staging.xjOLHU/My App.app

Sep 5 10:47:09 my-iPad installd[54] <Error>: 0x2c3000 install_application: Could not preflight application install

Sep 5 10:47:09 my-iPad mobile_installation_proxy[907] <Error>: 0x3cadbb78 MobileInstallationInstall: failed with -1

Sep 5 10:47:09 my-iPad mobile_installation_proxy[907] <Error>: handle_install: Installation failed

Sep 5 10:47:10 mu-iPad installd[54] <Error>: 0x2c3000 handle_install: API failed

I've already done the usual troubleshooting:

• Create new certs, making sure I had a cert for in-house distribution
  • Create new distribution profiles
  • Made sure the .ipa is using the distibution/adhoc profile for signing
  • Verified that my .plist is correct
  • Installed using a simple webpage (same problem)
  • Installed using iPhone Configuration Utility (same problem)
  • About a million other more esoteric build mods based on other peoples experience
  • etc... etc... etc...

I'm pretty sure the problem is something to do the with distribution profile. The error log seems to point at a problem with the profile ("profile not valid: 0xe800812"). I've talked with Apple support and they say the certs and profiles seem to be right.

One of my support calls confused me. The Apple rep said that you still need to register the UUID of all devices EVEN when building the app for distribution using the Enterprise license. I don't think that this is accurate. From my research, the .ipa contains an embedded profile that is installed and you DON'T need to register all devices.

BUT, like I said earlier: If I run the install on a device that's included in the distribution/adhoc profile, it works. I'm totally confused and desperately need help.

Thanks in advance.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, Happens on iPhone and iPad

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 10:13 AM

There are no replies.

Can't install Enterprise app to devices with unregistered UUIDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.