Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Airport Extreme to Sky Hub SR101

I have recently transferred to Sky Fibre Broadband. I now have a BT Openreach Modem which is then connected to the Sky Hub SR101 Router.

I would like to connect my Airport Express to the Sky Hub but it is not showing up in Airport Utility and the light is flashing orange. It worked fine with my old broadband so not sure what the problem is. Could somebody give me some pointers?

Many thanks.

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 10:38 AM

What model number of AirPort Express do you have? If you are not sure, look for the Model No on the side or bottom of the AirPort Express. It will start with an "A" followed by 4 numbers, as in "A x x x x".

How are you trying to connect the AirPort Express? Wired Ethernet connection to the Sky Hub? Wireless?

What service do you want the AirPort Express to perform on your network?

What version of AirPort Utility are you using? If you are not sure, open AirPort Utility, click on the AirPort Utility menu, and click About AirPort Utility.

User uploaded file

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2013 10:38 AM in response to andrewfpackwood

What model number of AirPort Express do you have? If you are not sure, look for the Model No on the side or bottom of the AirPort Express. It will start with an "A" followed by 4 numbers, as in "A x x x x".

How are you trying to connect the AirPort Express? Wired Ethernet connection to the Sky Hub? Wireless?

What service do you want the AirPort Express to perform on your network?

What version of AirPort Utility are you using? If you are not sure, open AirPort Utility, click on the AirPort Utility menu, and click About AirPort Utility.

User uploaded file

Sep 5, 2013 10:46 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It's an A1408 AEBS and I'm using Airport Utility 6.3.1.

I currently have the AEBS wired from the WAN port to one of the ethernet ports on the Sky Hub. I'd prefer it to connect wirelessly but just getting it working it is the main thing!

I used to have my AEBS set up with an external HDD plugged into the USB port so that I could wirelessly access the HDD from my MacBook and would like to be able to do this again.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

Andy.

Sep 5, 2013 11:00 AM in response to andrewfpackwood

I currently have the AEBS wired from the WAN port to one of the ethernet ports on the Sky Hub.

That is the correct connection.

With the AirPort Extreme powered on, hold in the reset button on the back of the device for 9-10 seconds and then release. Allow a full minute for the AirPort Extreme to restart to a slow, blinking amber light.

Click on the AirPort icon at the top of the Mac's screen and wait a few seconds for New AirPort Base Station to appear. Just below that, click directly on AirPort Extreme.

AirPort Setup will open up automatically and take a look at things and suggest a setup. Ignore that and click on Other Options, then select "Create a wireless network". Use any network name that you want, since you will likely turn off the wireless function later.

When the AirPort restarts, open AirPort Utility and click on the amber dot to correct the NAT error. You want to have the AirPort Extreme in Bridge Mode.

Jan 10, 2014 1:08 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Hi,

I would like some advice on this thread if possible. I have the Sky SR101 hub and would like the following:

airport extreme as a bridge (acting as the wifi master)

I will also be adding a synology has to the system and would like it to be accessible from outside as well as inside.

I am ok with making the aebs a bridge but was wondering in this setup if it would be possible to make the nas accessible from outside as well as inside?.

Thx,

John

Jan 10, 2014 1:22 PM in response to johnfromsur

Since the AEBS will be in Bridge Mode, your question is really about whether the Sky SR101 Hub can be configured to allow what you ask.

In Bridge Mode, the AEBS will simply act as if it were an Ethernet switch, and pass along the network settings that it receives from the Sky Hub.

Check with Sky support to see if the Hub can be configured to allow access to a device on the network from the Internet. This will likely incorporate what is known as port forwarding or port mapping.

Connecting Airport Extreme to Sky Hub SR101

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.