Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts created in Outlook appear on iPhone with only a name, no phone numbers, email addresses and so on

We have a user using Outlook 2010, Exchange 2007, Active Sync and an iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.3. Whenever he adds new contacts in Outlook they show up on his iPhone with only a name, there are no phone numbers, email addresses, etc. Any help is appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 1:12 PM

3 replies

Jun 8, 2014 3:38 AM in response to kbarker59

I saw that post and i had to reply for it.

A little-great-working solution for that is to run those 3 lines (one line at a time) on powershell and all the "Other" lable contacts will change to "Mobile" label and here you go, like a magic - all contacts phone numbers are now visible on the phone again.

(Drop the 1. 2. 3. from the lines of course)

Hope i helped someone 🙂

1. $outlook = new-object -com outlook.application

2. $contacts = $outlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(10)

3. $contacts.Items | % { if($_.MobileTelephoneNumber -eq "") { $_.MobileTelephoneNumber = $_.OtherTelephoneNumber; $_.OtherTelephoneNumber = ""; $_.save() } }

Contacts created in Outlook appear on iPhone with only a name, no phone numbers, email addresses and so on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.