Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost all my personal recordings of singing lessons when I turned iTunes match on. Help!

Along with my commercial music I had lists of personal tapes of all kinds. Could not access them when itunes match was activated but when I deactivated match, I got my recordings back but they are not accessible. That is I see them in the list, but there is an icon cloud with some sort of arrow in it. Otherwise I was able to play all my other music. The problem is I tried to retrieve my 50 something tapes of singing lesssons using my external back up, but the back up seems to be dead. Can anyone help me with how to retrieve my personal recordings?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 2:00 PM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2013 9:43 PM in response to Cass39

What device are you using? Your signature indicates MBP. Is this correct?

I don't understand what you mean when you say you "could not access them" [the recordings] when iTunes Match is enabled. Files on your HDD are not touched or modified when you enable iTunes Match in iTunes. The files stay right where they are unless you delete them. Did you delete them after turning on iTM

I lost all my personal recordings of singing lessons when I turned iTunes match on. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.