Skip navigation

Drawing/Paint App for Mac Mini?

1181 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2013 6:02 PM by dwb RSS
LINDA CATE Level 2 Level 2 (335 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 5, 2013 5:54 PM

I miss AppleWorks. Not for  iPad, not for iPhone, just here on my MacMini, I need a drawing/painting app. Free if possible. I need to create a pic of what my visual disturbance looks like to show to a Doctor. There are a few other drawings I'd like to make, but this one is important.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Samsung Display
  • Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (221,025 points)
    Sep 5, 2013 5:56 PM (in response to LINDA CATE)

Visit MacUpdate and search for drawing and/or painting applications.

• dwb Level 6 Level 6 (19,695 points)
    Sep 5, 2013 6:55 PM (in response to LINDA CATE)

There's really nothing like AppleWorks' drawing/painting modules but for drawing, Intaglio comes pretty close. For painting I don't know of any Mac native program that is close but you might want to look at iPaint, SumoPaint, or SketchPad - all of which are online paint programs.

• C F McBlob Level 4 Level 4 (2,715 points)
    Sep 9, 2013 10:19 AM (in response to LINDA CATE)

GIMP has always been a "standby" for me. I use Photoshop normally, but not everyone can afford that.

• dwb Level 6 Level 6 (19,695 points)
    Sep 11, 2013 6:02 PM (in response to LINDA CATE)

I know nothing about the person(s) involved in the program but I know a lot about programmers. They often lack not just social skills but also the ability to communicate with people who aren't programmers. That fact allowed me to make some pocket change over the years as the translator between the nerds and the not nerds. So I'm willing to look beyond what a grammar nerd thinks is important knowing that many times (but not always) pure genius co exists with the inability to write a grammatical sentence.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.