Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

install mountain lion with linux installed

HI,

Can I install mac mountain lion, in a macbook which only has kali (linux) of OS installed in it, without a mountain lion CD/USB installer? I mean install it ifrom internet using the menu you acces when you press "command" + R while mac is booting. I don't know if I'm able to use keyboard shortcuts (and enter to this menu) if I'm using only linux and GRUB.

Thank you.

PD: I have a really low level of English, sorry for the mistakes I've done, and Its the first time I write in a forum sorry if i don't put this question in the correct category.

This is the menu where you go pressing command + R when booting: https://www.google.es/search?client=safari&hl=es&q=comand+r+mac+boot&bav=on.2,or .r_cp.&bvm=bv.51773540,d.ZG4,pv.xjs.s.en_US.jkEW54nYU50.O&biw=1024&bih=672&um=1& ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=aCkpUvfNJ6XX7AahxIGwDw#biv=i%7C1%3Bd% 7C9KkHdjq21I4c5M%3A

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 6:03 PM

There are no replies.

install mountain lion with linux installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.