Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2 years MacBook Air's battery life dropped

I've notices that battery life in last year has dropped from 7 hours to 3 hours maximum. It's 2011 Mac Book Air 13''. What should I do in this case? Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 8:10 PM

1. Check the cycle count of the battery. It may be due for replacement.

2. If not, follow these instructions.

3. You can also try resetting the SMC.

4. Make sure your system is up to date in Software Update.

5. Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service center.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2013 8:10 PM in response to Svetlanka

1. Check the cycle count of the battery. It may be due for replacement.

2. If not, follow these instructions.

3. You can also try resetting the SMC.

4. Make sure your system is up to date in Software Update.

5. Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service center.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

My 2 years MacBook Air's battery life dropped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.