Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my GPU driver?

I am having a problem with Photoshop and it suggests updating my GPU driver. How do I do that? It is NVIDIA GeForce 9400.

Thx

Macmini, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 6:07 PM

7 replies

Sep 5, 2013 6:15 PM in response to walkwsmile

2. Find updated drivers.

When you know the make, model, and driver version of the video adapter on your system, see if there's an update. Go to the card manufacturer's website to look for an update (Windows), or check for an update from Apple (Mac OS). Driver updates include installation instructions with the download, or the instructions are downloaded with the driver.

Note: It's a good idea to back up your system before updating hardware or software.

Windows

Note: Be sure to choose the correct driver. Notebook drivers sometimes have a different name than similar desktop drivers.Mac OS

• Click the Apple menu and choose Software Update.

• If an update is available for your video adapter, install it.

Note: Nvidia has Mac OS drivers for its Quadro FX 4800 card on its Download Drivers page.

Excerpt from:

GPU, OpenGL support | Photoshop CS4, CS5 - Adobe

Feb 25, 2014 9:50 AM in response to jacquelineH

Did the GeForce 9400 come with the Mac as an Apple installed option, or did you upgrade it yourself? If it came from Apple, the drivers should already be installed with OS X and will be used automatically.

Being a Mac Mini that you have listed, there's nothing you can upgrade yourself. Is that the correct Mac, or are you referring to a different model?

How do I update my GPU driver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.