Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terminal on blank window

After playing around in terminal I restarted the app and after a fraction of a second the window turned blank (not even a title bar). I can still type commands though (tested this with 'say ...'). Please help! P.S. I have tried re-starting and for what I used my Mac for this isn't very important (just unsettleing).

User uploaded file

eMac USB 2.0 ~ 2004-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 7:23 PM

3 replies

Sep 5, 2013 7:53 PM in response to philip.o

Delete the Terminal preference file in your home library folder.

Close Terminal.

Double click anywhere in the line below to select it all,

~/Library/Preferences

copy it to the clipboard (command-c)

Open a Finder window and select Go->Go to folder and paste the above line into the window.Press Go.

Look for the file com.apple.Terminal.plist drag it to the trash, restart Terminal.

Post back if that doesn't fix it.

Sep 5, 2013 8:49 PM in response to philip.o

At first glance I'm going to guess that you changed your font color to white text on a white background, which has the exact effect you describe - the inability to see your text (although chances are you can still drag over to highlight it.

Frank's suggestion of deleting your preferences (where the color settings are stored) is probably the easiest. Otherwise just use Terminal Preferences to reset the color to something readable.

Terminal on blank window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.