Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp with win7 and vmware fusion...togheter

Is it possible?

I need a partition with bootcamp installed and also a virtual win7 in order to not reboot everytime i need to use windows.

Sorry for my english.

Thank U.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 3:15 AM

Of course. Also, VMware Fusion allows you to virtualize your Boot Camp partition, so you don't have to install Windows 7 twice.

Your computer only supports 64-bit Windows 7 and 8 versions, so install Windows 7 by following Apple's steps > http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.8.pdf You should download the Windows support software from Boot Camp Assistant or from the Apple site, so you can install it after finishing the Windows installation.

Then, start up in OS X (hold the Alt key while your computer is starting, and choose Macintosh HD), open VMware Fusion and the Boot Camp partition will appear. Start it up and you will be able to use OS X and Windows at the same time

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2013 3:15 AM in response to zuperman74

Of course. Also, VMware Fusion allows you to virtualize your Boot Camp partition, so you don't have to install Windows 7 twice.

Your computer only supports 64-bit Windows 7 and 8 versions, so install Windows 7 by following Apple's steps > http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.8.pdf You should download the Windows support software from Boot Camp Assistant or from the Apple site, so you can install it after finishing the Windows installation.

Then, start up in OS X (hold the Alt key while your computer is starting, and choose Macintosh HD), open VMware Fusion and the Boot Camp partition will appear. Start it up and you will be able to use OS X and Windows at the same time

bootcamp with win7 and vmware fusion...togheter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.