Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One iTunes Library Two Hard Drives

I want to share one iTunes Library or Media folder (Its the same thing isn't it?) between two bootable partitions. Each has its own copy of iTunes.

There are 3 partitions in total: The first 2 (mentioned above) each run an OS an the 3rd is a Data partition for storage. The Data partition is where I want to store my iTunes Media folder.I have managed to move and successfully run the iTunes Library/Media folder from the Data partition on the Lion partition. But it my computer won't play fair and share its musical toys with the other iTunes app.

I don't see any reason why this is not possible but just I can't get a shared parition to work on both Lion and Snow Leopard partitions. The partitions do have different versions of iTunes on if that makes a difference (Lion has iTunes 10 & SL has iTunes 11)?

I'd love to get this sorted iTunes takes up huge amount of space on my computer and I really miss my music when I'm working on Snow Leopard!

All helpful words an whispers much appreciated! 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iTunes

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 2:35 AM

There are no replies.

One iTunes Library Two Hard Drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.