Thunderbolt ports and displays: Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
rMBP, Bootcamp off thunderbolt drive - MORE COMPLETE SOLUTION
Boot Camp: FireWire devices may affect Windows 7 responsiveness if connected to an Apple Thunderbolt display
This looks promising:
Thunderbolt problems with Windows 8
TIP: Fix for Thunderbolt problem with Windows 8 in Boot Camp
Boot Camp users who updated Windows 7 to Windows 8 may find that a Mac booted with Windows 8 does not recognize Thunderbolt . According to a new Apple tech article, the problem is an incompatibility with the Windows 8 Fast Boot feature (also called Fast Startup). The workaround is to disable Fast Boot using the Windows Control Panel.
- In Windows 8, open the Control Panel. (You can move the mouse to the upper-right corner to activate the Charms bar, click the Settings icon, and then select Control Panel.)
- Select Hardware and Sound.
- Under Power Options, choose Change What the Power Buttons Do.
- Under Shutdown Settings, uncheck the Turn On Fast Startup. Checkbox.
- Click Save and then restart the Mac back into Windows.
After restart, Windows 8 will recognize Thunderbolt devices attached to the Mac.