Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant upgrade to ios 4.2.1 iPhone 3G

Hey Guys,

I have an iPhone 3G

and I want to upgade it to ios 4.2.1, The buttons does not respond

when I connect the iphone to my computer or wall charger or something

it turns on, enters recorvery mode when I disconnect it from the wall charger or computer or something it turns off after about 2 minutes.

I tried using tinyumbrella after getting the error while trying to restore into ios 4.2.1, I choosed the IPSW and then restored and tried to use Tinyumbrella nothing worked. I tried to enter DFU mode alot of times and FAILED.

I also tried to fix the error 1015 using IREB a few times and the device just had a reboot and then came back to recorvery mode.

What can I do?

HELP PLEASE! I need this device 😟

iPhone 3G, I dont know with Firmware installed

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 6:29 AM

Error 1015 indicates the phone was jailbroken. You can not get help for your jailbroken phone here or from Apple.

5 replies

Sep 6, 2013 8:12 AM in response to iNadav

If you can't even get it into DFU mode, you have a seriously messed up iPhone, either defective or permanently damaged by the jailbreak. Definitely try to get your money back.

If you can't, you'll probably have to chalk it up to an expensive learning experience, throw the iPhone away or sell it for parts for whatever you can get for it, and then time buy from an authorized iPhone dealer or at least some source where you have some recourse if the item you buy is defective or not as advertised.

Regards.

Cant upgrade to ios 4.2.1 iPhone 3G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.