Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express and Verizon Fios - setup problem

we recently converted to Verizon Fios - the airport express (used to play music through a stereo) stopped working and is no longer recognized (continuous blinking amber with "no configured station etc")- i have read through older solutions and many deal with different versions of the station or of Airport Utility - my Airport Express is Model A1264 - the Airport Utility is 6.3.1.4 - the OS X is 10.8.3 -

the Verizon Router has the following: (codes left out)

Actiontec number (ending in rev.1 - is this the model #?)

User name = admin

password

ISSID

WPA2 key

WPS pin

Wan Mac

the ISSID (5 digitt alpha and numeric) and the WPA2 Key (16 digit alpha & numeric) have been used to log on all wifi devices in the house (eg iphone/ ipad, streaming netflix) and worked

any assistance greatly appreciated

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 7:17 AM

9 replies

Sep 7, 2013 4:57 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

i will try again - when i open the Utility most things in the menus are ghosted out - the only thing available is in the File dropdown - it has "configure other" as an option - and the Utility is saying it can't find a "configured" station - does this imply that i can somehow configure this one again? also - would it do any good if i unplugged the verizon router? i do not know if the wifi signal that plays my music comes from the iMac computer itself or from the wifi router??

Sep 7, 2013 8:41 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

i did read your post and had already tried a hard reset - several times - i have done it again to no avail - however i have done the following

- i have 3 iMacs - one in the next room to where the main one is (the one i am having trouble with) and another in another part of the house with no wifi service - i took the Air Exp and plugged it in next to the iMac furthest away - it was found in seconds

- i next tried it on the iMac in the next room - it was found - the Utility indicated it was examing the station then it wanted me to set up a new network which it named using my name and Airport Express - it asked for a new password - i gave it to it - THEN it wanted me to plug an ethernet cable into the airport express!! which i can't do - that is why it was being used wirelessly - i can't seem to get past that point

- the main Imac still will not find the Air Esp station - if i can get the one in the bext room to work the airport express i can transfer the music to it and play from there

Mar 29, 2014 3:25 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Help please. I have a Verizon FIOS router and just bought an airport express. I have a windows laptop. My only goal is to stream Spotify (and music stored in itunes) through the AE's optical out to my audio system. After 4 hours I have been able to get it to work but only by disabling security on my network. That cannot be good. I read on in an older thread that I should get an option to select WEP but that never happened. I only got 4 different WPA options:

WPA/WPA2 Personal

WPA2 Personal

WPA/WPA Enterprise

WPA Enterprise

I am connected from a LAN out on the verizon router to the WAN in on the AE.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Airport Express and Verizon Fios - setup problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.