Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 slow on internet

I have an iphone 5. I have noticed that since we moved into our new apartment, the internet connection is slow. Opening email is painful. Trying to download ap updates in the ap store is almost impossible. It's crazy! It was never like this in our old place.

I know the obvious answer is to check the wifi connection. We have a secure connection that is password protected. My phone has a full wifi signal, and our computers work great. I think its the fact that we have awful, AWFUL cell service in this place. I am lucky if I get 2 bars. So I am guessing my problem is the cell signal being crappy? If so, how come the phone is using data to get online instead of the wifi signal? Is there a setting I can change to make it pull from the wifi signal first and then go to data if there isn't a wifi signal?

Or is this problem something else entirely? I can't tell you how many times I've actually had to go outside of my apartment, where there is no wifi, but a stronger cell signal, in order to update my aps. Very annoying.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 7:56 AM

2 replies

Sep 6, 2013 8:01 AM in response to SarahC0612

Make sure that you are connected to wi-fi by looking at the top left cornor of the phone next to service provider is should look like waves not 3g or 4G Or LTE. Also when you are connected to wi-fi pull up safari and see if you can get a web page. You may also want to reset your network settings. And reconnect and test to see if that worked. If not power cycle your router by unplugging the power let it sit for 20seconds and re plug it in.

iphone 5 slow on internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.