Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This guy keeps on messaging me on my imessage.. plz help me.. he is annoying me very much!

Please help me out!! i cant bear it anymore!!

<Edited By Host>

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 7:01 AM

6 replies

Sep 6, 2013 1:21 PM in response to Harshita1999

Short term you can create a contact for this person, and assign Text tone: None, Vibration: None

I have a contact named "Junk", and everytime I get a phone call, SMS text, iMessage text that I do not want to hear from, I add them to this contact.

I did have to download a "Silent" ring tone for the junk phone calls, but there are lots of them you can Google for and get the ring tone and instructions on installing it.

Nov 25, 2013 11:28 PM in response to Harshita1999

Have you downloaded iOS7. I now has a block call/text feature.

On any call/text you receive, you can block that number for future calls.

Go to your Phone > Recents

On each name/contact you have the info icon (an i with circle), click it

Scroll all the way down, and click Block This Caller

You can also add any number from your contacts that you want to block.

Only from your Contacts, so if there is someone that is not on your list and you want to block, you have to add them to your contact first, i.e, name them "Unwanted" or else.

Go to Settings > Phone (or Messages) > Blocked, and add them by choosing from your Contacts

However, I do miss the app iBlackList.

I used to have it using iPhone 4S and jailbreak.

In my country, Indonesia, there are a lot of promotion deals from operators/providers where by people can by a new prepaid number at a cheap price and get bonus of 25/50/100 free text. Lots of spammer buy these numbers and start spamming like ****. You blocked the number wont be usefull because afterwards they will throw away the number and used a new one.

iBlackList was very useful since it works like a anti spam software where you can set to block based on words or prefix number.

i.e. Blocked any text that contains the word "interest free" or a call that has a prefix "+62123"

I hope Apple would come up with this kind of app or feature.

This guy keeps on messaging me on my imessage.. plz help me.. he is annoying me very much!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.