Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numerous problems with Bootcamp Assistant and My HD

Hi there,

I'm attempting to use bootcamp assistant to install windows in my MBP.

Firstly when trying to download the required software I'm presented with this error "Download Could not continue...The windows support is not available" I've done some Googling at it seems that people were having this problem back in 2011, just seems weird that it is still going on now in 2013.

Secondly, if i choose the other option to use my OSX disc, i get to the partitioning stage and I am presented with this error "Some files cannot be moved...Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again."

Yet if i go to Disk utility and look up info on my HD i can see that this already appears to be active, the below info is copied from Disk Utility.

File System : Mac OS Extended (Journaled

Is there an easy work around for this as i'm not so keen on the idea of backing up the whole drive, formatting and then restoring from a backup.

Many thanks

Jay

Macbook pro version 5,3

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 9:38 AM

5 replies

Sep 12, 2013 6:56 AM in response to Jaysif

"Some files cannot be moved...Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again."

Your disk is fragmented, to fix that follow the instructions given. (Backup the drive, Erase the drive, Restore the backup)

A clone is the simplest way to do this but Time Machine is a viable alternative. No other method is reliable.

Numerous problems with Bootcamp Assistant and My HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.