Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I paid for Quicktime Pro, lost my HD, where do I go?

I had to load Win7 after a HD failure. I have paid for QuicktimePro and I need to reenter the code - whatever it was. Wher or how do I get this code?

QuicktimePro-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 10:03 AM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2013 9:53 AM in response to Rooster321

If you purchased the QT Pro key within the last 18 months, the instructions Allen linked to should help. If you purchased the key more than 18 months ago, Apple will not be able to help you. You'll either need to locate the original email that contained the key, restore the QuickTime preferences from a backup, or purchase a new QuickTime Pro key.

Regards.

Oct 8, 2013 11:43 AM in response to Rooster321

I recently had a HD crash on me, and QT Pro was one of the only pieces of software I didn't have an email or record of the key for. I think it's pretty disgusting how Apple can't leave that one line of text on your account for more than 18 months. I've bought countless pieces of software, plugins, etc., for which I can still login and retrieve my keys even after 15-20 years. I will use alternatives to QT Pro - I refuse to pay again for a license I already own.

I paid for Quicktime Pro, lost my HD, where do I go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.