Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get films purchased from the iTunes store to work on my new iPod classic?

I have recently purchased a new iPod classic, everything works accept it will not play films. At first I thought it was a problem with the films I was trying to put on as they were from my computer; but after purchasing some films from iTunes it still keeps saying that they cannot be played on this device. Please help as I have spent money on films I otherwise cannot watch.

Any advice is welcome.

iPod classic

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 11:44 AM

Hey Shelly29,

It sounds like you might be trying to sync HD videos to your iPod classic.

HD videos purchased from the iTunes Store are compatible with iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), Apple TV, and computers. You may need to download your purchased video from iTunes in the Cloud in a lower resolution for your device.

You'll want to check out the following article to resolve the issue, specifically the "Download previously purchased content in a lower resolution" section:

iTunes: Sync purchased HD videos to iPod or iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4223

Have a great day,

Delgadoh

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2013 11:44 AM in response to Shelly29

Hey Shelly29,

It sounds like you might be trying to sync HD videos to your iPod classic.

HD videos purchased from the iTunes Store are compatible with iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), Apple TV, and computers. You may need to download your purchased video from iTunes in the Cloud in a lower resolution for your device.

You'll want to check out the following article to resolve the issue, specifically the "Download previously purchased content in a lower resolution" section:

iTunes: Sync purchased HD videos to iPod or iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4223

Have a great day,

Delgadoh

How can I get films purchased from the iTunes store to work on my new iPod classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.