Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I share my iMac iPhoto for use with Parallels/Windows

I have Parallels for IMac on my computer so I can use Windows 7 with Photodex ProShow Producer (slide show software). I would like to be able to set up iPhotos on the iMac side so I can access it from the Windows side. I figured out how to drag and drop photos from one side to the other, but it's time consuming, because I have 29,000 photos and for some reason many of them do not want to be copied over to the Windows side, requiring me to copy them one at a time. I have read about creating shared folders, but I can't figure out how to do this with iPhoto. When I follow instructions for adding a shared folder via the Windows side, I can't find iPhoto, which makes me think it isn't a folder. From the iMac side, I can find iPhoto when I want to open it through an app, but I don't see any relevent options. In iPhoto preferences, I have selected Share My Entire Library with no luck. I would also like to know if sharing with others in my network is the same as creating shared folders to be acccessed via Parallels/Windows. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Windows 7 & Parallels

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 11:22 AM

iPhoto is not designed for multi platform use. If you want to have your photos available for Photodex ProShow Producer you'll either need to use a different app for managing your photo files or export those photos you want to use in a slideshow to a folder on the Desktop and access them there. If you need to move that folder to the Window side then do so.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2013 11:22 AM in response to hilaryogro

iPhoto is not designed for multi platform use. If you want to have your photos available for Photodex ProShow Producer you'll either need to use a different app for managing your photo files or export those photos you want to use in a slideshow to a folder on the Desktop and access them there. If you need to move that folder to the Window side then do so.

Feb 28, 2015 1:38 PM in response to hilaryogro

I know it's much later, but this isn't 100% accurate.

In iPhoto, If you click on the photo or photos you want to use then go to the top menu, and chose File>Reveal in Finder>Original then iphoto will open a finder window that contains the photo in its location. Once you're there you can see the path to the location. In Parallels, in windows you can then navigate to that path. If in the parallels sharing options for that OS image (say windows 7) you have file sharing enabled between windows and mac you'll be able to navigate directly to the folder and use those photos.

I just did that with a windows 7 image to be able to use Muvee Reveal in it. Works great.

Hopefully this helps someone...

AR

How can I share my iMac iPhoto for use with Parallels/Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.