Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are tags and ratings made in iPhoto on IOS

Hi,

I've done much tagging of photos on iphoto in ipad. This is from the photostream since most pics are from the iphone.

But when I return to look at the photos on my main computer - the tags and stars disappear. What's the deal?

Thanks for your help in advance,

magazine

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 2x2.6 quad-core xeon (early 2009)

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 11:21 AM

6 replies

Sep 6, 2013 3:16 PM in response to Old Toad

rather the desktop version seeing the tags/ratings from the photostream.

I'll look there as well though,

"My Photo Stream" is populated automatically from photos taken on your iPad. It will show the photos exactly like they have been taken and not sync with any edits applied to them later.

So the PhotoStream will always show the original version. I have not tried to share the edited version from the Camera Roll to a shred photo stream (using the Photos.app), but that should share a version with the edits applied.

To get your captions and keywords from the iPad to the Mac, save the edited versions back to the Camera Roll - you can do that in iPhoto on your iPad from the Share menu. When you dowload the camera roll photos from your iPad to the mac (connect it to and USB port) and import to iPhoto, the keywords and edits will be visible (in Aperture I even see the caption, but not in iPhoto).

-- Léonie

Sep 11, 2013 8:12 AM in response to léonie

Hi,

THanks for the response. The photostream seems to collect all of the photos made on the family iphones in one place and then archives them on the main computer. They do stay there and accumulate, don't they?

Thanks for clarifying that the tagging and ratings are only device based, even though the photostream is across all devices. I guess I understand that the information is only sent once in the form of the photo and not updated.

That said, it is such a huge drag that I can't rate and tag the thousands of photos in a useful manner unless I am on the device that they are being printed from. I was convinced that this was the purpose of photostream. I mean it's not that difficult to download your photos once wheneve you update.

Well thanks,

magazine

Where are tags and ratings made in iPhoto on IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.