Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free iBooks won't transfer from iTunes to iPhone

iPhone 4s with ios 6.1.3, laptop with Win8, iTunes 11.0.5.5: downloaded a number of FREE books with iTunes on laptop. Manually moved many of them to phone. iTunes would not allow me to move some of them to phone. I finally noticed that any books that downloaded in .epub format would transfer with no problem. Books that downloaded in .ibooks format will not. Syncing automatically made no difference.

All books show up in Library/Books and Store/Purchased in iTunes on laptop. In iBooks on phone, purchased page shows only the .epub books. Note that these books were all free but they were all downloaded legitimately from itunes store. Any thoughts?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 7:42 PM

2 replies

Sep 9, 2013 9:32 AM in response to Somenamethathasnotbeentaken

Hello Somenamethathasnotbeentaken,

The iBooks app only supports importing ePub and PDF files from external sources.

Can I download books from other websites?

Yes, you can download ePub and PDF files on your Mac or PC. Add them to your iTunes library choosing File > Add to Library, or drag the ePub or PDF file to the Books library on your computer. To read these books, simply sync them to your device in the supported formats.

iBooks: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about iBooks and the iBooks Store
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4059

Cheers,

Allen

Free iBooks won't transfer from iTunes to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.