3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 3:45 PM by léonie
maneyedann Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I can no longer adjust the Luminance, Red, Green or Blue levels.

As you can see from the attached image, seems I can only see the bottom half of the manual slider adjustment area.

I can't choose colors or luminance.

I've removed and re-added.

Restarted Aperture.

Gone to another project where I know I've used this adjustment on. All the Levels bricks look like this.

Seems this just happened this week after the latest Software Updater update for new RAW.

Any idea how I can get my Brick back?

System:
27" iMac i7 2.8ghz 12gb Ram

OS 10.8.4

Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 6.43.57 PM.png

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (25,720 points)

Your image didn;t show so can;t say for sure but UI problems like this are usually fixed by deleting the Aperture preference file. Do the following

Close Aperture. Triple click anywhere in the line below to select it:

~/Library/Preferences

Once selected right click or command click and select  Services in the contextual menu then select Open

You will be in your Home Library Preferences folder.

Once there look for the file com.apple.Aperture.plist move it to the trash and restart Aperture

If you still have problems post back

• maneyedann Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Thanks.

That resolved the trunkated brick issue.
    Though it did reset a few things such as what my primary library is and my default set of adjustments. Not a big deal and easily taken care of.

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (78,470 points)

The preferences file stores all settings you have set from Aperture's Preferences panel, plus the layout of your Aperture window and the most recently used libraries. You could try to restore it from the last backup you made before the problem with the broken brick occured.