Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have my own activation key input in my free app for app store?

I have created a local educational game for my own country. It is for kids in my country to learn our local native language. I have created the IPA file and tested on my iPad and iPhone devices and works great. I have programmed it in a way that when first installed, it would be as a trial version and the game can be played only partially. Some alphabet letters are skipped for instance. And if the user likes my game, I have created an activation menu within the game, just a simple serial number generator so that locals can contact me for activation key.

My question is, will this game be allowed to be published in the app store as a free download app? Or is having such in app activation code and restriction be violating any apple rules? If anyone can clear this out for me that would be great. Any help and responce would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Affan

iPad

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 10:24 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Mac App Store apps mustn't have any product key, so Apple will refuse to post your app in the Mac App Store. Instead, you can put your contact information in your app's page in the Mac App Store, so users can contact with you, or add an in-app purchase for it

1 reply

Can I have my own activation key input in my free app for app store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.